In the quest for health a new trend for home pools is emerging and that’s the magnesium chloride pools. More and more people are recognising their power to improve their environment through the inclusion of this wonder mineral in their swimming pools.
What is a magnesium pool?
Also known as mineral pools, magnesium pools are swimming pools that have added minerals in the pool water.
Magnesium chloride is a naturally occurring compound of magnesium (a mineral) and chloride (an electrolyte), found in seawater and brine. It is recommended to swim for approximately 30 minutes to reveal the healing benefits. This unique compound is absorbed through your skin to offer a range of health benefits, including:
- Feels Amazing – Better swimming experience through clearer water leaving skin silky smooth and gentler on the skin and eyes than traditional chlorine. It’s particularly beneficial for skin ailments, like psoriasis or eczema.
- Relaxation – the healthy benefits transdermal absorption (through the skin) of magnesium include relaxing nerves and muscles, reducing stress, anxiety and depression, lower blood pressure and improving sleep.
- Mini detox – magnesium also helps detox the skin and body and reduces pore size ultimately leaving skin looking smoother.
Not to mention, no harsh chlorine odours and lengthy post-swim showers trying to rinse off the harsh chemicals or sticky salt of normal swimming pools.
Coupled with the health benefits of regular exercise of swimming and you have a winning combination.
Health Benefits of Swimming
- All Over Workout – nearly all your muscles are used when you are swimming which is a total body workout that tones your muscles and builds strength.
- More bang for your buck! Exercising in water makes your body work harder – a half an hour in a pool equals 45 minutes of the same aerobic exercise on land. A gentle swim can burn more than 200 calories in 30 minutes!
- Gentle on body – Because water supports up to 90% of your body’s weight, it’s a great way to stay active after injury or illness.
- Energy Boost – 30 minutes of swimming three times a week boosts energy levels via an increased metabolic rate.
Latitude25 has an amazing 25 metre, heated, magnesium chloride swimming pool with state-of-the-art filtration system for community members to stay fit and feel great year round.