Let’s face it the only thing Mums should be making on their special day is a booking at a restaurant or spa of their choice!
If you want to make the day special for your mum consider a lovely Mothers Day Breakfast In Bed.
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 5 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 250ml Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Streaky Bacon – cooked until crispy (keep warm in the oven)
- Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Cup of Mascarpone
- 2 Teaspoons of Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon of mixed spice
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl – mix the eggs, oil, and milk together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until smooth – leave to stand for 30 minutes. (You can make this the night before so it is all ready to go in the morning)
- Mix in the chocolate chips into the pancake mixture.
- Heat the frying pan and add a small amount of butter.
- Pour a spoonful of mixture into the frying pan. When bubbles come to the surface use a spatula and flip the flapjack over – cook for another minute and remove from the pan.
- Repeat step 6 until you have a scrumptious pile of pancakes.
- To make the mascarpone mixture place the mascarpone, honey and mixed spice into a bowl and beat well.
- To compile – spread some mascarpone onto a warm pancake, add some fresh raspberries and pieces of bacon. Top it off with another flapjack and a spoonful of mascarpone and a drizzle of honey.